We’ve arrived in Munich!
1. After changing our clothes and freshening up in an airport bathroom, we set off on the train into Munich to see Marienplatz.
2. Saw an advertisement featuring Eric Whittacre… very cool for those familiar with choral music! He’s a good looking/stylish guy!
3. The first of 4 H&M’s we saw on the same street after just getting off the train at Marienplatz. (I bought a dress for 5 euros!)
4-5. St. Peter’s church - beautiful exterior, beautiful interior. We saw a sign that said they hold concerts there, too.
6. View down the shaded street leading to the main square. Lots of shops and fruit stands.
7. A man we saw on the way back wearing Lederhosen. I was so excited to see someone wearing them. (they are very common in Austria! They are seen as part of the tradition, almost like dressing up fancy for a ball. Very important in Austrian culture.)
8. The inside of St. Peter’s church - off to the side they had a statue of Mary with candles. Alyssa and I both lit a candle and made a small donation to do so.
9. A view from the train on the way back to the airport.
10. The main square at Marienplatz. The green domed building I believe was the courthouse! (it blows my mind how fluffy the clouds are and blue the sky is here in Europe…incredible.)